June 20th, 2008
by Angie Tousignant · Filed Under: Fat Loss Exercise · Fat Loss Nutrition · Muscle Building Workouts
Wow…have you done this workout yet? I think my butt/thigh muscles were still fatigued from the last workout because I was really feeling the ‘burn’ during todays workout! Today I did workout #9 from Nick Nilsson’s Gluteus to the Maximus program. I am following the 20 minute advanced home workouts. I have to admit that this is just the kind of challenge my body needed! My butt/thighs are always the two areas that I complain about! Boy, oh boy…I am liking what I’m starting to see there now! Dedication, perseverance, and goal setting DO PAY OFF!
I followed this INSANE workout with The Fit Chic 10 minute Express workouts. I worked on my upper and lower back doing ‘dropsets.’ Dropsets are just an excellent way to workout your muscles because you start out with a weight that is higher than you are used to resisting and push yourself through 10 reps. Then you drop the weight for your next 10 reps and keep dropping them lower. It’s amazing when you get to the last weight of maybe 2.5 – 5 lbs that you STILL FEEL THE BURN!
The first thing that I did this morning was down some water and got right into my leg exercises. I am also following Nick’s ‘Glute Specialization‘ Program. I recommend that you do too. It’s easy and quick. Only a few minutes first thing in the morning and then just before you go to bed. Come on…you can do this! I know his program seems a bit crazy to say the least, but aren’t you just loving the results!? I know I am. I love seeing the definition in my thighs…and my butt is wwwaaaayyyy firmer!
Today is my ‘higher carb‘ day and we promised to take the kids to the show so I’m treating myself to some ‘movie theatre’ popcorn! I don’t know about you…but this is such a treat to me! I have been eating very clean today so I do not feel guilty whatsoever! When you begin to eat clean, healthy, wholesome foods…you DESERVE to reward yourself. That is how I feel anyway.
Have an awesome day and workout!!
Cheers to health,
ISSA – C.P.T.
More Articles In This Series
- Gluteus to the Maximus-Day 3
- My Legs Are Burning!
- My Butt and Thigh Measurements on June 6, 2008
- Gluteus to the Maximus - My "New" Plan...
- My Butt and Legs are TIGHT!!
- How To Develop A Firm Butt - An Interview With Nick Nilsson
- My Firm Butt Is Taking Shape!
- Today's Butt Workout...
- Week # 3 - Gluteus to the Maximus
- "Supersets"- Gluteus to the Maximus
- June 19 - Gluteus to the Maximus...
- Gluteus to the Maximus - Pre Exhaust Training
- Week Four - Gluteus to the MAXimus!
- "Alternate Exercises" - Gluteus to the Maximus
- Gluteus to the Maximus - Workout #14
- Feeling Better and Ready 2B Firm!
- Can I Make My Cellulite Disappear?
- Firm Butt Update...