June 10th, 2008
by Scott Tousignant · Filed Under: Muscle Building Nutrition · Muscle Building Workouts
Day 2 of the Muscle Explosion Challenge has left my muscles achy all over. And yes that’s a good thing. Although it’s only been 2 days on the program, I totally feel in the zone. Part of it is the initial excitement of starting a new program and thinking of how great it’s going to be to accomplish my goal of gaining 5 to 10 pounds of muscle during this 28 day challenge.
The other thing that has me excited is knowing that after my day off tomorrow the workout style completely changes. Today was much like yesterday with the interval style training. The differences were that I only skipped for 20 seconds between sets instead of 40 seconds, there were more sets added, and the repetitions were slightly higher.
Once again, I walked out of the gym without a dry spot on my shirt. 40 minutes of intense training has taken a toll on my body and it is eagerly awaiting tomorrows day of rest.
This is the last time that I will be doing that type of training. There’s only one other HIIT session this week and other than that there is no cardio for the rest of the 28 days.
I’m experiencing some sore traps today which I believe is a result of skipping between exercises. I chose skipping out of convenience. You can choose any other cardio exercise or even stepping up and down on the bench. I didn’t want to have to keep running across the gym to get to the stationary bikes and have to wipe it off each time. Once again, the only rest was the 20 seconds of skipping, which is far from rest.
What I Ate Today
Breakfast: 3 whole eggs, Prograde VGF+25 multi-vitamin, and Prograde EFA-Icon, 1 cup of coffee
Meal 2: 2 whole eggs
Post Workout Meal: Prograde Recovery Shake
Meal 4: 1 can of flaked white tuna and 1 tbls of mayo. 1/4 cup almonds
Meal 5: Home made stew; tomatoes, corn, black beans, red peppers, and yellow peppers
Meal 6: 2/3 cup almonds
Prograde Supplements can be found at…
I am feeling a bit hungry right now, but not as bad as I thought. The protein is leaving me more satisfied than I had anticipated, but nonetheless, I can’t wait to eat more next week.
I didn’t get much sleep last night. Probably about 5 hours of very interrupted sleep. That’s never good on a muscle building program. I’m off to bed early tonight to catch up on some sleep.
I’ll be in touch tomorrow with an update. I’d love to hear how all of you who are following the program are doing. Share how your first couple days have gone by leaving a comment below.
Have a 6 Pack ABS-solutely amazing day!
More Articles In This Series
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 1
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 2
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 3
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 4
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 5
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 6
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 7
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 8
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 9
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 10
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 11
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 12
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 13 - Overtraining Interview
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 14
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 15
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 16
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 17
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 22
- Muscle Explosion Realy Works... I Gained 6 1/2 Pounds Of Muscle In 28 Days!