June 13th, 2008
by Scott Tousignant · Filed Under: Muscle Building Nutrition · Muscle Building Workouts
Muscle Explosion program are what Nick Nilsson calls ‘Tissue Remodeling’. The focus is on developing the connective tissue and at the same time increase growth hormone levels.
I’ve been fascinated with this two day phase. I will be asking Nick if he would recommend doing workouts like this very often. These are the only two days where the program requires you to train like this.
It’s been a real interesting experience. When focusing on volume training and experiencing a pump it you can feel the blood filling the muscle. The experience with this tissue remodeling phase was completely different. After doing the exercises in the stretching portion I continually felt a mad rush of blood to the muscles. It’s like the flood gates were flung wide open and the blood was free to flow where it was supposed to go.
Honestly, it was a bit of a weird feeling at first, but now I almost feel addicted to it. I really noticed it yesterday when I was doing the bottom quarter of the calve press and today when I was doing the stiff leg deadlifts with my toes up on a 25 pound plate.
It was definitely obvious yesterday when I was doing the biceps exercises because my veins were absolutely bursting out and I noticed veins that I had never seen before.
The best part for me is that my left shoulder has not been aggravated at all this week. In fact, it’s feeling better. I’m pretty darn happy about that.
In addition to working legs today, the program also called for exercises to work the shoulders and triceps. Those muscles definitely felt like they were on fire. One thing that I had to do in the high rep burnout portion of the triceps was do dips on the assisted machine. There was no way that I could lift my body weight for more than 15 reps at that point.
What I ate today
Breakfast: 3 whole eggs, Prograde VGF+25 multi-vitamin, and Prograde EFA-Icon
Meal 2: 2 whole eggs
Post Workout Meal: Prograde Recovery Shake
Meal 4: Large Chicken Salad
Meal 5: Prograde Craver (peanut butter)
Prograde Supplements can be found at…
I’m definitely having a lot of fun with this program as it’s been completely different from anything else that I’ve ever done. It’s not only been refreshing, it’s also forced me to push myself in a whole new way and I’m loving it.
If you’re interested in checking out the Muscle Explosion program, simply visit…
I look forward to reporting back to you tomorrow, when it’s an all protein day with 15 minutes of interval training for cardio. Until then…
Have a 6 Pack Abs-soulutely awesome day!
More Articles In This Series
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 1
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 2
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 3
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 4
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 5
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 6
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 7
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 8
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 9
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 10
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 11
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 12
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 13 - Overtraining Interview
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 14
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 15
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 16
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 17
- Muscle Explosion Challenge Day 22
- Muscle Explosion Realy Works... I Gained 6 1/2 Pounds Of Muscle In 28 Days!