December 11th, 2007
by Scott Tousignant · Filed Under: Fat Loss Exercise · Fat Loss Mindset · Fat Loss Nutrition
It’s time for a new fat loss journal format for Angie and I. Rather than simply documenting the success that we’re having while on the Every Other Day Diet Plan, we want to focus on the overall fat loss approach that we take to drive us towards the lean and sexy bodies that we desire.
So you’ve probably been wondering where we’ve been and why Angie and I haven’t been posting our daily progress. Well I certainly don’t have any excuses. Life got in the way a bit and that’s ok.
At first it was the overwhelming demand on my server as it kept crashing due to the popularity of this blog. That kept me busy for several days and at the same time I was feverishly focusing on my business while revising my products, creating support communities for each of them, and preparing to create blogs for all my customers who want to hold themselves accountable.
Not to mention having to put Sammi our cat to sleep and eating emotionally for several days because of it.
I could list many other things that I allowed to get in the way of me and my fat loss goals, but really they haven’t gotten in my way. I’m still going at it and I’m still focused on what I want to achieve.
Yes I skipped my workouts for 2 weeks. Yes I ate like crap several times and had a few beers. And yes I put on 2 pounds. But did I really fail? Does the Every Other Day Diet Plan not work? Are my Fit Bastard Workouts not effective? Have the incredible messages in Unstoppable Fat Loss not sunken in?
I know for certain that many people would blame this temporary setback on the programs themselves. I get emails frequently from people asking, “How do I know your programs really work? I’ve tried other programs before and I always seem to fail. How do I know that yours will work this time?”
The vast majority of the time it’s not the programs that fail. It’s you failing the programs. I could have easily said that I gave the Every Other Day Diet 100% of my effort. I complied to the extreme plan about 80% of the time and I was doing really well.
But if after 2 weeks of not following the program does it mean that it doesn’t work? Heck no! It works amazing and I’m right back at it. But really I was never off of it.
In my mind I knew that I had to handle what life was dealing to me at the moment. Sure I could have managed to squeeze in a workout here and there. I was aware of what was going on and I knew that I could have done better. But at the same time I knew that it was just a matter of days before I was right back at it and I knew that this little setback was minor in the grand scheme of things.
During those 2 weeks I was not performing at my best. I was sluggish, fatigued, and felt a bit jello-like. In my mind I knew the difference between how I was feeling at that moment… which was lousy, and how I felt while I was eating well and exercising regularly. I was definitely eager to get that energetic feeling back. And now here it is
I must admit that the big trigger that set this all off was not being able to post my daily journal to this blog because my server kept crashing from all the traffic. The accountability factor of sharing my journey with you is absolutely huge to me.
That’s why I’m so excited to be creating personal blogs for all of my customers. I know what the accountability is going to do for them and I know how exciting it’s going to be for them to look back at their journal and see how far they’ve come and all the successes they’ve achieved along the way.
Today I was listening to the Unstoppable Fat Loss interview that I did with Clark Bartram. I love that interview. He touches on some pretty awesome points that really resonate with me. One of them that really hit home was…
“You are committed to what you confess.”
I can’t believe that in my first several dozen times that I have listened to that interview I did not pick up on this crucial point.
Maybe because it’s so appropriate to the situations that I’m facing. I am committed to what I confess to you. When I was sharing my journey daily with you I was confessing all my goals, successes, as well as challenges and setbacks. This was driving me to succeed.
The moment that I stopped confessing, my commitment turned down a few notches. It became easier to say, “I’ll do better tomorrow.”
Clark also mentioned something very timely on the call. When I interviewed him nearly 1 year ago, he was going through a 2 week period where he hadn’t been working out and he was not eating the most nutritious foods. He was more than fine with this because he knew it was only temporary and he knew what he was capable of.
If a world class bodybuilder who has graced the covers of more fitness magazines than anyone else I know, can go through a 2 week period of slacking off from his program and realize that it’s not perfection that he should be striving for, but simply being the best that he can be, then why should I feel any differently?
I’m not in this to be perfect and I don’t want you to think that you have to be perfect too. Just be the best that you can be. Realize that the path to your dream body is not straight. It has many curves and takes many detours. That’s natural.
Today I had the best workout that I’ve had in a while. I blasted my chest and back in a very quick and intense superset session. I feel absolutely amazing. I went for a nice 30 minute brisk walk in the cold rainy weather and loved every second of it. It gave me time to reflect on the past few weeks and get very excited for what’s in store in the next few months.
I also worked out on Saturday and Sunday, so I feel like my path is currently heading straight in the direction of my goal. I now feel that my next detour will be much shorter
I’ve been eating very well the past few days and following the Every Other Day Diet Plan right on the money, so it won’t be long before the results start showing once again.
I’m committed to my goals and I’m committed to you. You are playing a key role in my fat loss success, and for that I’m extremely grateful.
Angie is feeling under the weather today and has been for the past few days along with the kids. She’s looking forward to documenting her journey once again as well. We love every second of it. It’s an incredibly powerful tool in your fat loss arsenal.
I look forward to sharing all the details of my journey and hope that you will share your comments and questions along the way.
Have an absolutely amazing day and never lose sight of your ultimate goal. You deserve it!
More Articles In This Series
- Every Other Day Diet Journal
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Day-1-Detox
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Day-2-Detox
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Day-3-Detox
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Day-4-Detox
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Day-5-Detox
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Day-6-Detox
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Day-7-Final Detox Day
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Detox Results
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Extreme Plan-Day-1
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Extreme Plan-Day-2
- Every Other Day Diet Journal-Extreme Plan-Day-3
- Every Other Day Diet Lifestyle Plan-Day-4
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan-Day-5
- Every Other Day Diet Lifestyle Plan Journal-Day-5
- Every Other Day Diet Lifestyle Plan-Day-6
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan-Day-6
- Every Other Day Diet Lifestyle Plan-Day-7
- Every Other Day Diet Lifestyle Plan-Day-8
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan-Day-7
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day-8
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day-9
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day-10
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day-11
- Every Other Day Diet Lifestyle Plan Journal - Days 8-11
- The Every Other Day Diet - Lifestyle Plan - Day 12
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day-12
- The Every Other Day Diet - Lifestyle Plan - Day 13
- The Every Other Day Diet - Lifestyle Plan - Day 14-15
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day-13
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day-14
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day-15
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day 16
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day 17
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day 18
- The Every Other Day Diet - Lifestyle Plan - Day 21
- The Every Other Day Diet - Lifestyle Plan - Day 22
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Journal-Day 19-23
- Every Other Day Diet â€“ Lifestyle Plan â€“ Days 22-23
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Planâ€“Day 24
- Every Other Day Diet Lifestyle Plan Day 24
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Day 25
- Every Other Day Diet Lifestyle Plan Day 26
- Every Other Day Diet Extreme Plan Day 26
- Does The Every Other Day Diet Plan Work?
- Fat Loss Photo Shoot Results Are In
- Our Fitness Photos - What a Pay Off!
- The Countdown Is On!
- "True Confessions" - Day 7 Detox
- Day 5 & 6 - Detox Program
- Day 4 - Detox Program
- Day 3 - Detox Program
- Day 2 - Detox Program
- Day 1 - Detox Program
- Make an Appointment for a Photo Shoot!
- Angie's Fat Loss Journal - Diet, Exercise, and Motivation - Jan 15, 2008
- Scott's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation-Jan 3rd
- Scott's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation-Jan 1st
- Scott's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation-Holdiay Edition
- Angie's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation - Dec 29
- Angie's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation - Dec 27
- Scott's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation-Dec 11th
- Angie's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation-Dec 15
- Angie's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation-Dec 16th
- Angie's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation-Dec 19th
- Scott's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation-Dec 19th
- Scott's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation-Dec 21st
- Angie's Fat Loss Journal-Diet, Exercise, & Motivation-Dec 22nd